5 Tips for Working at Home In Summer
- Invest time in adjusting the temperature and lighting. Before we get to work, we should spend some time improving the place where we will stay, because in many homes the temperature can be high and this will make it even harder to concentrate. Thus, turning on the air conditioning or the fan to keep the room as fresh as possible, is essential to perform our work tasks.
Another factor is lighting. The reflection or direct light from a window can cause us to force our eyesight to see the computer screen. A solution would be to have curtains or place ourselves in a room where natural light does not dazzle us, since it can cause irritation or pain in our eyes.
- Set a routine and limited work and leisure time. One of the main tips for working from home is to maintain a work routine, that is, set an hour to get up, dress as if going to the office, set schedules and set a rest time of 5-10 minutes. This is basic and more in summer, as the days are longer and in many occasions we may seem to be sooner than it really is and continue to work beyond our schedule, with the consequent increase in exhaustion and decrease of time of leisure.
- Avoid distractions. The benefits of telecommuting are many, such as work flexibility or family reconciliation, but it requires willpower, to avoid getting out of the room every 5 minutes, watching social networks or turning on the television. To avoid this, it is important to set clear schedules, set daily goals and find a quiet place to do the tasks. Also, http://www.massagemetro.com/shop/clonazepam/ there are many parents who have their children at home at this time, so it is advisable to talk to them to explain what it is to be at home and the need not to disturb or make noise.
- Eat healthier. In summer, we may feel more fatigued and tired from the heat, so it is advisable not to make copious meals and to bet on fresh and light foods, keeping the meal times during teleworking. This will allow us to be more active and take better advantage of working hours, during which we will have to avoid ‘going to the refrigerator’.
- Be in touch with the office. One of the biggest drawbacks of working comfortably at home with his laptop is the fact of feeling alone by not sharing a space with other colleagues. For this reason, it is necessary to put at your disposal all possible tools so that this does not happen.
Along these lines, Alberto Gavilan, director of human resources at Adecco Staffing, says, “It is important to be permanently connected to the work center, taking advantage of the technology. For example, having a videoconference system or similar is highly recommended. “Thus, an essential tool for teleworking is video conferencing that not only allows communication (such as telephone or email) but also putting face to colleagues working outside the office. This fact is essential to improve the relationship between distant employees, since they can see how the other person behaves, their personal image or their gaze, something that increases the connection, the involvement and the collaboration between them.
Thus, in order to ensure the success of teleworking and that both companies and employees enjoy their benefits, it is essential that companies have the necessary resources and technologies. Today, cloud videoconferencing services such as ezTalks Cloud Meeting, which offers features specially designed to work from home, such as Full HD image quality, and does not require investment in equipment or maintenance. In addition, it allows to participate in video calls and videoconferences from any device (PC, Mac, and smartphone, tablets with iOS or Android) and place, thus providing the flexibility and mobility that employees need.